Fire Warden

Town Forest Fire Wardens are appointed by the State of Vermont’s Commissioner of Forests, Parks and Recreation, with the approval of the town Selectboard. Fire Wardens serve a 5-year term and have no term limits. They are responsible for forest fire prevention and suppression in the Town of Barnard.

If you want to burn on your property in Barnard, you need to have a permit. You can call either of the Fire Wardens to get an open burn permit. Legally, only brush can be burned, and the burning of building materials is not allowed. The Fire Wardens remind you that common sense should always prevail when burning.

Helpful Links: